24 Nov On Purpose
Jeremiah 1:5a “Before I formed you in the womb I chose you, before you were born I set you apart.”
My older brother’s birthday is coming up soon and it has got me thinking on purpose. God chose my brother and in fact all my siblings to be my very own brothers and sister. Life wouldn’t be the same without them. My teasers. My protectors. My helpers. My mates.
And God chose me to be their sister (for better or worse). Although for a long time I was sure God had made a mistake with me. That somehow my blueprint was “oops! too late now” Cerebral Palsy. Eye sight troubles. Shortie. Burns rather than tans. None of my siblings struggle with these things (sign). I do know though I was born on purpose. I am no mistake. I was deliberately made; and so are you.
What is my purpose? To be honest I am still figuring it out.
Christine Caine, founder of The A21 Campaign, provides a list of 15 questions in her book Living Life Undaunted to help discover our own unique gifts, talents and desires that feed into our purpose.
- What is it that I’ve been good at since an early age?
- What do others look at me doing that would be hard for them but seems effortless for me?
- What is it that I consistently find myself sharing about or helping others with?
- Why do I think God created me?
- What am I most passionate about?
- What things enrage me, and what problems in the world do I have a passion, over and above all others, to solve?
- What subjects could I talk about for hours and days without a loss of momentum?
- What scriptural truths and subjects have been those that most bear witness to me and speak life to me?
- What have been the biggest struggles I have encountered in life?
- What have been my biggest victories and breakthroughs? Why?
- What subjects or topics do I enjoy learning about?
- What would I be doing if money wasn’t an issue?
- What type of people do I connect with easily or have compassion for?
- What were my favourite subjects in high school or college?
- What part of the globe or cultures do I have a passion for?
If you discover your purpose the next morning, great! I am truly happy for you. If not, don’t worry you are just like a caterpillar who goes through a process to become all it’s meant to be, a butterfly.
What would our lives look like if we burst the cocoon open to the unexpected, unlimited, awe – inspired plans of God for our lives… on purpose?